- Thank you for supporting LightForce International – we are in need of your urgent support to enable us to continue to impact the lives of people in Lira & Masaka, Uganda. Compared with January 2022 every pound we send is losing 15p due to poor exchange rates. Food has increased in price along with almost every commodity. Despite this, LightForce continues to help families & individuals with food, clothing & finances; children & young people to be educated; and implementing sustainable farming methods for the future. EDUCATION Currently our daily LightForce community is around 400 people. The majority are our school children, vocational trainees and staff. We feed them every day. We have 3 schools. Nursery, Primary and Vocational. Our Nursery and Primary School has 275 pupils with around 140 being sponsored. Vocational has 65. We have tailoring, agriculture and mechanics – all non-formal, on job training. Children are supported in other schools too. The LightForce Farm is a resource for education. Apart from our trainees who work daily on the farm we host visitors who come to see what we are doing. There are also a number of Universities and institutions that send their students to do fieldwork and internship with us. COMMUNITY Girls Project – a monthly fellowship attended by circa. 250 girls. Worship, prayer, preaching, health education and counselling precede the distribution of feminine hygiene materials. HIV Widows – this group of 48 ladies also have a monthly fellowship. We provide them with sugar and soap each meeting. Worship, prayer and health advice are appreciated by this group. We are also training them for income generating activity to help them support themselves. Clinic – our community clinic has 2 nurses and serves the local community as well as our children, students, staff and many of their families. Prison – there are over 1,000 inmates in Lira Prison. We have been supporting the chaplaincy and providing weekly supplementary vegetables and from time to time soap, razor blades and smearing cream. Ministry – we supported one of our staff to study theology at Uganda Christian University for three years. Prisca is now ordained as a minister at the Parish Church. She divides her time between LightForce and St. Augustine Church. We support her ministry. Ministry in Masaka – we continue to support Bruno and Mary who pastor Victory Church in a rural community. Children are supported to schools in the area too. Sports Kit – schools in the UK donate complete sports kits and we take it to Uganda and help both boys and girls’ football clubs. Clothing – we get more offers of quality school uniforms, sportswear and jackets than we can handle. Each trip to Uganda allows 60-80kg to be taken and distributed amongst staff and their families and provided to children in need. SUSTAINABILITY The long term plan is for the project to be sustainable. We intend to achieve financial independence in years to come through selling milk, piglets, heifers, eggs, chickens, grilled pork and accommodation. In embryo all these activities are functional and viable – some are further developed than others. Our electricity comes from solar. Rainwater harvesting reduces our water bills. We are producing bio-gas which we use in our kitchen. The by-product is a slurry that can be used in pig feeds, also as manure and for organic pest control. We use pig & chicken manure as well as surplus slurry on our own land. We produce our own Napier grass and silage thus economically feeding our cows. Our own tractors are used for ploughing our land and moving produce and other items around the area. We also hire out the tractors to plough for other people. We mill and mix our own animal feeds to reduce costs. Continue reading →
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
‘Cookies’ are used to provide aggregated statistics on visitors to our websites and their browsing behaviour. This enables us to order the site to make customers’ journeys easier, and if necessary make improvements. The data is aggregated and anonymised, which means we cannot identify you as an individual.
By using the website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for any other reason.
Third Party Links
You mind find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.